Friday, January 11, 2008

Maternity Pics...Caiden, Kiya and Me!

I wanted to take some family maternity pictures, but each time I brought it up to Dave he didn't seem all that thrilled, so finally I just went to the studio with my friend Katie and had these pictures taken. I figured I'd better do it soon, or I would lose my opportunity.

The "photo shoot" took literally 10 minutes (5 of which was by myself because Caiden had decided that he was done taking pictures). Out of the pictures that we took, these four were the ones I bought.



I did the whole bare belly shot thing, but then I thought...who am I REALLY going to show those to? I can see it now, sitting down at a party at our house and I bust out the pictures of my big, white belly..."hey, wanna see some pictures"...yea...I just didn't see that happening, so I went with the "safe" shots. The only thing I didn't like is that they have me with my hands on my belly all the time...it looks like I'm holding a basketball. But then again, I am wearing a dark shirt and there is a dark background, so maybe they thought the contrast of my skin against the dark would make the pregnancy more apparent.


Anyway, I really liked the ones of Caiden and I looking up at each other, except that you can't see my face, but his expression is so sweet. Dave hasn't seen these yet, so hopefully he will like them. :)

4 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Nice pictures....... I like the first one the best also. It will be good to have the memories forever.

Anonymous said...

They look very nice... Caiden is looking quite grown up in that last pic.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures!! This will be a great thing for you, Caiden and Kiya to look at years down the road...too bad Dave missed out.

Also I am so jealous that you are 9 months pregant and all you have is a little belly...if it weren't for that I wouldn't even know that you were pregnant!!

Pam said...

Cute pictures. Caiden does look really cute.