Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Karen!

My Godmother Karen was in town to hang out with us and the family. We celebrated her birthday last Sunday at my sister's house. It was great to see both her and my cousin, who recently relocated from North Carolina. It has been such a long time since I have seen him, and really talked to him. He looks great, and I am very happy that he is home!

My Cousin Jonathon...fresh from North Carolina. He looks great and we are so happy to have him home.
Ben, Nan (with Kiya) and Jonathon

We had a nice lunch, and then it was on to the dessert...Caiden and I shared as he doesn't really eat a lot of sweets and I'm not a big chocolate fan - plus I'm trying to loose some of this baby weight.
Caiden is on hand to help Karen blow out her candles
And the best part is that he got to lick the chocolate frosting off the candles :)

We then played with the Naffin twins, and opened gifts. We then took the opportunity to snap a few pictures while we had the gang together. Karen then came to stay with Dave and I for a few days. It was wonderful to see her and have her stay with us for a few days. We can't wait to see her again. :)

Karen opened some gifts :)
Me with Caiden and Kiya
My mom with Kiya, Lindsay, Caiden, Karen and Kyle
Karen and the Naffin twins Lindsay and Kyle
Kyle sporting the hat I made him. He liked it.
Lindsay sporting the hat I made her. Of course she couldn't get it off fast enough...here she is in mid grab.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That looks fun to be with family. I do love the hats you made.

Hart's Haven said...

Wow! I had alot of blogging to catch up with. I decided to comment all on one entry.

The pictures of you visiting Davids new station are great, as always Caiden I'm sure had a great time. The hats are cute and should be a relaxing hobby that you can pick up and set down when you need to. I'm sure you realize how important that is now!
The family is getting big and so darn cute, it is nice to be able to spend time with your Mom and sister and family. The pictures were good to see. And your friend Katy is such a good friend so nice to be with and you deserve a break.
Enjoy life while things are soooo good.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Love you all Sue