Friday, February 22, 2008

Hello Old Friend :)

Hello Old Friend:) Remember me? The girl who became a bit obsessed with you? The one that was sad to say goodbye if only for a little while. Well, it's almost that time again - to get reacquainted.

Today I dusted off the pole, and gave it a bit of a spin. Ok, so I realized very quickly that I should have stretched first, and maybe I will, but I don't want to overdo it. Plus it's really cold in my house, and I don't want to have to take off my comfy warm sweats and ugg boots. :) For those of you who don't know. You can't do very many tricks in pants as your legs can't grip onto the pole with pants...you just slide right off. Ok, let's be honest. I am afraid I am going to suck. It's been awhile. Plus I have a hamstring or something that has been hurting me for the past year. I really should go see someone about it, but that would require me to go to a doctor and I'm not good with doctors.

Not only do I miss dancing and doing the tricks, but this is how I ended up losing the baby weight from Caiden. :) I will be happy to get my body back, and I am hoping that I will be able to take classes again (although that part remains to be seen still...not sure how I could swing that). I miss all the girls in class too. :( I have been so looking forward to this. I have even gone on Itunes and downloaded some new dancing music :) I was becoming a bit bored with the music I already have, and needed some inspiration.

So far I downloaded the following:
Low (featuring T.Pain) by Flo Rida
Sorry by Buckcherry
Apologize (featuring One Republic) by Timbaland
Unbroken by Jessica Sierra ( I heard her sing this on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew)
Glory Box by Portishead
Dip It Low by Christina Milian
Fighter; Dirrty; and Nasty Naughty Boy by Christina Aguilera
Building a Mystery by Sarah McLachlan
Thank you for loving me by BonJovi

So I am building up a good playlist to inspire me. Now I just need to work on my confidence. I was getting pretty good before I stopped, and I think I may be a little rusty. I mean, I haven't danced like this since I was 4 months preggers with Kiya. I am afraid I will be terrible and it will be a blow to my ego. :( I guess I won't know until I do it, and I have to start somewhere right?

So if anyone knows of some good music for me, I'm all ears :) The songs have to be longer than 3 minutes though. I like all music except techno/industrial and that screaming rock stuff. I can't get into that stuff, and like any dance (listen to me talk like I actually know anything about other styles of dance) you need to be able to "feel" the music so that you can get lost in the rhythm of it. That's when your dancing becomes amazing because you start dancing from your heart and soul rather than your head. I have not yet mastered the art of getting "out of my head" consistently. I can only do it every once in a while.

As for me, I will work on not psyching myself out, and realizing that I may have taken a few steps back, but with some hard work I can get myself back to where I was, and who knows...maybe even better. Maybe I can loose that whole self conscience thing that has always plagued me and I can just get lost in the music and dance. If I can do that, I can do anything. What a way to rid myself of the stress of life...oh and yes, the stress of those crappy fortune cookies :P

5 comments:

HeatherW said...

Lets be realistic...I would fall right off the pull pants or no pants!! My power to you for being able to do that!! GO MELISSA!!

Look at you so hip with your music choices!!

I think Aqua is the best, although many would not agree...AQUA ROCKS!!

Mel said...

No you wouldn't Heather. I remember taking an intro class with you, and you didn't fall off. I think you should give it a go again :P

What is Aqua? Is that a band or the name of a song? Clearly I am not THAT hip with my music.

Pam said...

Yikes, already getting back into the exercise. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You'll be back to where you were in no time - hardest part is starting up again. Even if you don't do a scheduled class right away - make your own schedule and stick to it.

Now if I could just go and take some of my own advice...

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh you will be back to the level you where at in no time at all.:)