Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's That Time Of Year Again!!!!

I am so excited! It is that time of year again. The time of year that I anxiously await with a strange combination of dread and excitement. (Excitement because I love this time of year and what it brings. Dread because I know I am going to have to work out after Easter passes as I am cursed with an absolute lack of Willpower). What time is it you ask? It is CADBURY CREME EGG TIME!!!!

Once a year, these remarkable candies come out (only at Easter), and I cannot help myself. Much like the Valentine Cupcake fiasco, the Cadbury creme eggs Easter timeframe is MUCH worse. I LOVE THEM!!!!!! I would eat them non-stop if my budget and hips would allow. Well, I think that my hips WOULD allow it, but remember, I am still trying to fit into those work clothes of mine.

If I may digress a little here. I have to tout my newfound willpower (for those of you who know me, I have NO willpower). You would be proud of me...I resisted the Chinese food place with the cursed fortune cookies for wheat tortillas stuffed with Spinach leaves, 95% fat free smoked turkey and cheese. I made it myself. :) And of course 2 Cadbury crème eggs, but I spaced them out throughout the day, so they don't count that much right? (Plus I'm breastfeeding...isn't that supposed to speed up your metabolism or something?)

Anyways, back to the Cadbury Eggs. I am addicted. I wait ALL year for this moment. For the moment when I can walk down the aisles of Target or any grocery store *insert cheesy triumphant music here* and see the Easter candy section where they will have a myriad of Cadbury crème eggs. Now I KNOW that they have different kinds of Crème Eggs, and even Imposter crème eggs like Reeses and Snickers. Cadbury themselves have branched out to have Orange, or Caramel, but I am an old fashioned kind of gal. I like the original Crème egg with the hard chocolate outer shell, the egg-like white and yellow center. Who can resist? Not me, I tell you. In fact, I even went digging through the trash for one today. I had picked it up off the table, so the dogs wouldn't eat it and couldn't find where I put it. I remember cleaning off the table and thought maybe I had thrown it in the trash on accident. Dave laughed at me as I frantically searched through our trash. Thankfully, I did not find it there, but I probably would have just dusted it off and eaten it if I HAD found it in the trash. Hey they have a wrapper and all...don't looked so shocked!!

You know, I am not alone in my addiction. In fact, Cadbury Crème Eggs are quite the household name in the UK. Did you know that in the UK these things are like staples from January through Easter? They categorize roughly 70% of Easter Candy bar sales with a value of about $88.6 million!!! See I am not the only one hooked on Cadbury eggs. The UK knows what I'm talking about because Cadbury makes about 300 million Crème Eggs (about 5 for every person in the UK) a year. Someone even referred to them as Chocolate sushi. I don't know about that, but I LOVE THEM!!! Hopefully, I can make it through this Easter season without gaining too many pounds. If you haven't tried one, you must put it on your things to do list this Easter.

3 comments:

HeatherW said...

I feel your pain with the Cadbury Egg. While the Cadbury isn't my evil item of choice I so look forward too and dread the arrival of Easter. Every year when I walk through Target and I hit the Easter candy section I get so excited I literally (no joke) jump up and down and clap my hands. I always feel the need to ask Danny, even after 10 years, "did you know that Easter Candy is my FAVORITE candy of the year?"

Just a tad crazy to go digging through the trash for your candy because of course if you found it you would have dusted it of and ate it...why else would you be looking through the trash?? I guess I can't say much because I would probably do the same.

Have you ever thought about packing up and moving to the UK...sounds like you would fit right in!!

HeatherW said...

P.S.
Now I know what to leave on your desk as a welcome back present!! HEHEHEHEHE!!

Annie Shafai said...

This is a bit of Melissa trivia that I dont think I will ever forget. Its impossible for me to see a Cadbury Egg with out thinking of you.