Monday, March 24, 2008

Decorating Easter Eggs


This was taken AFTER Mackenzie took home her eggs

So I am actually late in posting this. We did this about a week or so ago, but I haven't gotten around to posting it.

Dave, Caiden, Kiya and I invited Mackenzie over to decorate Easter Eggs with us. We cooked 18 eggs to decorate, but ended up decorating maybe about 15 as we had some casualties (I cracked one, Caiden cracked one, and one frankly never made it into the hot water...I tried to take it out of the box and the bottom half stayed in).

Caiden, Me, Kiya and Mackenzie

We had two types of coloring products. One was the dipping kind, while the other was a liquid that you dropped onto the egg and then rubbed it all over. The rubbing one was cool because you could make very 70's looking eggs with swirling colors and tie dyed looks.

Caiden dipping his egg
Mackenzie tries the rubbing method

Anyway, they had fun making the eggs, although with two of them working on the eggs we seemed to run out of eggs very quickly. They had fun doing it, and Mackenzie was excited that she got to take home some of her work.

Dave helping Mackenzie while Caiden watches his eggs turn colors

As for the Bonney's we plan to eat a lot of deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches. :)

Happy Easter :P

3 comments:

HeatherW said...

I LOVE hard boiled eggs. I made 3 dozen!! 2 dozen went to deviled eggs (half with relish and half without) and 1 dozen went to colored eggs.

I have the same rub/smear the color kit but I saved it for next year. I colored mine with out two little helps. :)

Pam said...

Yum, those eggs look good. I suppose I'll be dying eggs also in a couple of years.

Wendy said...

Too fun. Next year I think we will do eggs. We never got around to it this year.