Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sea World 2008

My Godmother was coming to town and my mom was retiring, so what better excuse to take a day off and celebrate than those two events! So where do you think we went? No, not Disneyland, we went to SEA WORLD!!!!

I love going to Sea World, and since Gigi was nice enough to take us Caiden, Kiya and I (no adult boys allowed!) joined Stephanie, Kyle, Lindsay and Karen and my mom to have a girl's day out with the kids.

Clockwise: Caiden, Kiya, Lindsay and Kyle
Catching a teachable moment with Auntie Karen and Caiden
Auntie Karen and Kyle
Gigi and Kiya

We had a great time. Of course we had to eat some Cotton Candy...I mean that is a MUST! We had to take some goofy pictures, and see some really cool animals.

Caiden and I sharing our favorite amusement park treat

Caiden and I couldn't help but be a little goofy

Beluga whales...so peaceful looking
This was inside the polar bear cave. Caiden was a bit apprehensive and this was the only picture I could get as he refused to stay in the cave (they had roaring bear sound effects)
I JUST missed the kodak moment...the walrus was starring at Caiden (but he put his head down) :(
This was us inside the Shark Encounter (see how calm we are)


It was cool that Caiden and I got a chance to feed some bat rays...well I should say I did, Caiden was not interested until all the fish was gone - THEN he wanted to feed them. He is so like me. :P


We had to take a moment out to eat, right?

Where we bought our overpriced meals...

Everything I couldn't eat.

All Caiden talked about was wanting to go see the Shamu show. Now this last Friday so it was HOT, HOT, HOT!! We lathered the kids with sunscreen and forced them to wear hats, and sat out in the hot sun without relief, that is until Shamu came and gave us relief in a tail full of water! Caiden wanted to sit in the splash zone and who am I to say no? Thankfully there was a nice lady sitting in front of us that had an extra poncho that we used to stay somewhat dry. I don't think that Caiden anticipated how wet he would get. He had a blast though. I put together a little video of the show.



Shamu jumps!
Caiden's reaction
The final pose

We had a great time, just look at these happy faces!


5 comments:

HeatherW said...

I would have gone to DISNEYLAND!! JK...I do love me some Sea World!!

I love cotton candy!!!!!!!!!!

Sea World used to have hte WORST food of all amusement parks but now it is actually good!! The price...well that just comes with the game.

Good work on the video! You must have spent some time on that!!

I miss Sea World!! Did you go on the Journey to Atlantis ride?

butterflydreams said...

I love Caiden's expression on the reaction to Shamu picture he is so cute!
I am lik'n the butterfly shirt on Kiya you got me on too right?

Mel said...

heather: You know in all of the times I have been to SW, I have not been on the Journey to Atlantis. We always have the kids, so...

Wendy said...

Lots of fun. Thanks for posting all of these pictures so I can share in your special days.

Pam said...

Good times... I haven't been to Sea World in years!