Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Way To Beat the Heat...Raging Waters Style

Last weekend was HOT! And since we live out in the boondocks we were even hotter. It reached 113 degrees..yuck! We were trying to figure out ways to beat the heat, until Dave came up with a great one! We have season passes to Raging Waters, so we moseyed on down there and spent our weekend immersed in water - who knows...maybe we were inspired by Sea World.

Dave, Kiya and Caiden resting


The volcano - this was in the kid's section and it had two water slides coming off it.

Kiya and I would sit in the water...this was her sitting in the baby Bjorn with me.
Dave and Caiden pausing long enough for me to snap a picture

We were unsure how Caiden would react to the water slides...I mean, he IS a lot like me (apprehensive and scared until he tries it and then he loves it). He did GREAT! He ran around going on every water slide he could, and even pointed to the biggest one and said he wanted to go on that one. Thank God for height restrictions! :P He had so much fun we went back the next day, but this time Josh came along.

Caiden coming down the water slide for the first time

He loved it!
Josh and Dave race...looks like Josh won

We had a lot of fun, we got a little burnt (even after lathering 50spf sunscreen). Of course, I couldn't have an adventure without a little mishap...there were some kids that were waiting for me to pass under them and then they unloaded a HUGE amount of water onto me. This was the last time I saw my sunglasses as they were on my face prior to be bombarded and then gone the next minute. sigh. I had to buy new glasses, but hey at least I didn't break anything or fall multiple times while holding Kiya. When I figured out what happened, I just looked at the kids (I had Kiya on me too) and one boy just pointed to the other and said "He did it". Whatever. Again, it could be worse. Two mothers (who were not related) lost their kids. (meaning they couldn't find them).

This was the scene of the crime...(where my glasses disappeared).

It was a great way to break the heat...I highly suggest it.

7 comments:

HeatherW said...

Oh my gosh! 113!! Are you serious?!?!

By the way...if we were inspired by sea world to spend the weekend IN the water...you know what that makes you in this situation, right?

butterflydreams said...

That looks very refreshing, however my thoughts on the sunglasses you were not meant to were them remember the ones you lost at Disneyland when Daniel was a couple months old and we rushed over to the mall to replace them quick before your friend got off work and you had tell him you lost his glasses.

Mel said...

Heather: Yes. It makes me cool and refreshed. :P

Katie: I'm not good with keeping track of my sunglasses. That's why I stopped buying Oakleys...too expensive. This was not my fault. I did not LOSE these, they were forcibly removed by large gusts of water. I'm sure some kid picked them up and off they ran. Caiden did that with an umbrella. I made him give it to the lifeguard.

barbatron said...

How fun!! looks like you guys had a great day! I so need to take the boys to a water park, but my thighs and but keep telling me "no"

Anonymous said...

Looks like that was so much fun!! Wish I was there :( I do have 50 pounds of sand in my cube right now though. No joke, 50 POUNDS... IN my cube... Thanks to you.

Wendy said...

Those are such great pics. They look like you could have got them off of the web site for raging waters. I can't believe 113 degrees. Geesh. I am sweating just thinking about it.

Pam said...

Looks like fun! I hope to get back into swimsuit wearing shape by next summer, but I know it won't happen this summer. :(