Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Proof I'm Messed Up


Like you needed it, right? Yep. I know, I'm waiting for the jokes, but before you start making the funnies, take a load of this...

I went to the chiropractors again today for my results from the X-rays. Well, four years ago, when I was pregnant with Caiden I went to the Chiropractor and had X-rays and they told me that my neck was curved the wrong way. Since then I have had a number of adjustments and I started feeling great...that is...until I got pregnant with Kiya.

Well, this time, the X-rays were A LOT WORSE! Geez...maybe girls ARE more challenging than boys? Well, the good news is my neck is kind of better. Half of my neck is normal, and then the normal curvature goes awry and it goes the wrong direction. That was the good news. The bad news: the whole left side of my body is a half inch lower than the right side. You can actually see it! My shoulders and hips are the most noticeable. My spine veers to the left, my hips are rotated 10 degrees the wrong direction and I have about 2-3 compressed discs in my back.

Yep that's right folks...NO WONDER I am in constant pain. I am hoping to get adjusted so that I can remember what it is like to have a day without pain. So, for this I need your help. The chiropractor told me a few things I can do. I have to work on my core (abs, and stuff - now while I would LOVE you to do that for me while I sit on the couch and eat bon bons, I do not expect this).

He also told me to wear my purse on my left side (which I agreed to and then at the conclusion of the appointment picked up my purse and put it on my right side - habit...trust me...he did not let me get away with it), put my weight on both legs, (I tend to put 90% of my weight on my left side and stand with my hip out to the left), and stand and sit up straight with my chest out. Now of course the latter comment I grimaced at, and he said, "I know, women tend to hate it when I say that". I said "Yes, because of course where does people's attention then go". He stopped me and said "Melissa, it goes there anyway, whether or not you stand up straight...that's just where men's attention goes". Point taken. I will try and stand up straight. So, if you see me slouching, standing on my left leg, jutting my left hip out, or putting my purse, or any other heavier objects on my right side tell me to:
A. stand up straight
B. Put your weight on both legs
C. Stop pushing your hip out, you are not holding your kids right now
D. Move your purse or *insert applicable heavy object* to your right side

Hopefully that will help. And the reason for this post? So people know that I really am NOT lying when I say that my back hurts. It really does. :( and the proof is in the X-rays!

5 comments:

HeatherW said...

I win!!

I will try my best to remind you of all the things you need to do but I will be occupied trying to remind myself to do those things. REMEMBER although your hips are worse than mine, my back is worse than yours!!!! HEHEHEHE!!

butterflydreams said...

If I ever get to see you I will be sure to correct all these issues.
I have the same hip thing and it's been a long time since I have held my kids on my right hip but I still stand that way. I am not supposed to even wear a purse but I got a really cute one and I try to keep it light. My bubble is blown up I thought you were perfect:(

Mel said...

Heather: Yep I know, and we are tied in the crappy neck dept.

Katie: Awww...you thought I was perfect? Boy do I have you snowed :P

Wendy said...

Fun times Melissa. I won't see you for a while but I will try to remember to yell at you, I mean remind you when I do see you. : )

Pam said...

Yikes, I want to get an x-ray also. How weird that you can actually see that one side is lower!