Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pool Furniture


So now that we got the backyard somewhat organized, we are trying to set the ambiance a little as well. How can you do that if you don't have any pool furniture? Where are our guests going to sit when they come into our backyard?

Well since it took every last dime of ours to finish this pool project, we had to shop for furniture on a budget, and boy are we good. Look at our great finds!!! Now mind you, it did take multiple trips, some schmoozing of some managers in some stores, and some fine negotiation skills by Dave ( I suck at haggling and negotiating prices for things that I want. I do not have the poker face...I must be banished to a corner so that I don't threaten the deal. In this scenario, I often stayed in the car, or went to another aisle of the store).

Here is one set we bought. And yes that IS Flash christening our air conditioner. Trust me, no amount of creative cropping photo shop would have eliminated this. Frankly, I don't feel like photo shopping the picture to take him out, so do your best to just politely look the other way. :)
Here is a better look at our furniture without the help of Flash
And another look. BTW, Dave HATES the red pillows. I like them, so if you come over, feel free to comment on how wonderful the red pillows look. How they accentuate the chairs and add a splash of color :P
Now these umbrellas were Dave's purchase. We had looked at the blue one together, but they did not have one, so Dave searched until he found one. Yes the blue one is IN the pool, but Flash will need some shade when he sits on the reef. :)

Additionally, we thought up an alternative to a patio cover. After some extreme investigation, we found that the least expensive we could get the Alumna wood patio cover that we needed was for $4,000 and that was a do-it-yourself kit too. No labor included. Ouch! Steep.

Well, we NEED to have shade for the dogs, not to mention, me as my skin is not meant for the sun (I pretty much glow in the dark. In fact, the first day our pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom, but when I was there I was like a beacon of light. I KNEW there was a reason I was made to be pale), so we came up with an alternative. Here it is below. :) What do you think?

Here Dave and Kiya are in our alternative patio cover
A side view

So, what do you think? Do you think you could be comfortable here?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much better that makes everything look. Nice choice.

Anonymous said...

ummmm.... corection I do not hate the red pillows I even told Mel that I liked them, hence the RED umbrella that I bought to match them. Sometimes I don't know where she get's this stuff, :(

butterflydreams said...

It's beautiful I like the colors together. I will need to come and visit Mel's day spa

barbatron said...

Very nice...now all you need is some playboy bunny "extras" for your Grotto and your all set! ;)

HeatherW said...

Oh yes Jenny...ask Melissa why it is that Dave SPECIALLY designed the grotto!!

Wendy said...

It all looks great. We had a great time. Thanks for having us all over. I am already looking forward to next time. : )

Pam said...

I very much enjoyed sitting on your fabulous new furniture in your fabulous new pool.

I was going to ask why Dave bought a red umbrella when he didn't like the red pillows and now I have my answer. I glad Dave likes the red pillows because I do also. I've always liked a splash of red to liven things up!