Sunday, July 06, 2008

The VOTE: What Kind Of Pebble Tec For the Pool?

Ok, so Dave and I cannot decide, rather Dave and I cannot come to an agreement on a type of Pebble for our pool. Hopefully the time will soon come for us to make a decision on what kind of pebble tec to put in the pool. The problem: I really like one kind, and Dave likes another. We both refuse to budge (although I did come up with a compromise pebble). Much like the Santa Vote at Christmas, I will not be telling you which pebble tec is mine and which is Dave's. I want an HONEST vote of YOUR preferences and then we will see who wins...I mean, which pebble tec we SHOULD choose.

*Note to Dave and other fireman - if you are reading this YOU CANNOT vote for Dave's pebble choice because he tells you which is his, or because you are his friend, co-worker, etc.. This MUST be an honest vote, so Dave...shut it!* (Or course, this was said in the sweetest, friendliest voice I could muster) :P

Before the vote begins, I must say we are looking for a lagoon type of look for our pool. Ok, now the voting can commence. Please be sure that you do not leaving hanging chads...hehe. I crack me up. :P

Here is option 1:





Here is Option 2:


Option 3 is the compromised option:


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright well here it is from the firehouse. We have voted and the tally is in. We have a person here who says they have experience with pebble and he says Option 3, he even knew the names of Options 1
and 2. Without even being told what they were. He says the name of Option 2 is WAY better than 1, but thought three was the best, then we have another vote for 3 and a vote for 2. So long story short, 2 votes for 3 and 1 vote for 2 and 0 votes for 1.

Anonymous said...

Its hard to really see the detail from these pics but here are my thoughts:

Option 1 - While this definately qualifies as a "lagoon" look and its different than what you usually see, it also looks a bit too dark/murky for my taste. Darker will probably hold the heat in better but its not like you really need that in the desert.

Option 2 - The color looks about normal for a non-pebble pool, pretty safe pick but not too exciting either. Again hard to see the actual pebble detail so I'm sure its not boring up close, but it doesn't really stand out to me.

Option 3 - I really like the slightly darker, mediterranean look. Tropical and refreshing - this is your winner.

Hart's Haven said...

I have to agree with Josh....
Option 1 just doesn't seem like a clean refreshing pool look to me. It reminds me of when we are out camping at a lake or stream. I'm never sure how truly clean the water is.
Option2 looks about standard.
Option 3 reminds me of the caribbean and I would pick that one.

Jim says he likes 2 or 3 the tradition look.

butterflydreams said...

ALWAYS go with the husband's choice no matter what! I have been married 13 years and I have to say let the man be right it's easier and you'll never have to hear about it again.

Anonymous said...

Shannon's Thoughts.....

Ok after some long and strenuous research I am going to have to go with the only obvious choice!

I choose option #3…..

Anonymous said...

Option #1 - Is too dark

Option #2 - Is too traditional

Option #3 - Total lagoon

Anonymous said...

i think option 2 will look the best with the color of the rock slide :)

Anonymous said...

Option 3, definitely.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with option 3. Very lagoon-ish.

It makes me want to lay around in the pool ALL day long with a tropical umbrella drink in my hand. What's better than that?

Option 3 is definitely the winner.

HeatherW said...

Ok.Here are my thoughts!! I think option 1 is most like a "natural" lagoon, option 2 just looks too boring to me (but it could just be the picture) and option 3 is totally my favorite BUT I can't say how "lagoon" like it looks. That being said...DRUMB ROLL PLEASE...my vote goes to option 3.

Wendy said...

Option #1 - I don't like it. It is too Dark.

Option #2 - I can't see very well but it looks a little "same old boring pool that everyone else has" although I like it better than #1

Option #3- I officially give my vote to this one.

HeatherW said...

I just had Danny look at vote and he said, "It's option 3...a no brainer"!!