Monday, September 15, 2008

And I Thought I Could Escape...

So as you all know I was whisked away to beautiful San Diego for my birthday. To do so, I took a day off work, and thankfully the following Monday was a Holiday. I thought I had done it. I had escaped the work birthdays...after all they celebrated on Friday and I wasn't there :)

Little did I know how wonderfully loyal and mischievous two of my employees are. Just get a load of what I walked into on Tuesday morning...

My cube...filled to the brim with balloons
Seriously...they blew each balloon up by hand...or mouth rather :)

That's right over 400 balloons all saran wrapped in my cube. It was BRILLIANT! And a lot of work. Shannon and her whole family (kids, fiance and all came and blew up balloons) and Josh all came in on the holiday to make my birthday bright.

Now of course I had to work! Let me tell you...getting in and out of my desk was quite the challenge. Adventurous and fun, but challenging nonetheless. I do have to say though, the balloons make wonderful back rests, but if you take conference calls....you should make sure you are muted, so if you move unexpectedly and pop a balloon, people don't make assumptions about what is going on in the office :P

I was SO surprised, and very touched. I am used to my birthday being forgotten and they made it both memorable and special. Thank you so much! :) I LOVED IT!!!

3 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

That looks sooooo fun!
Happy Birthday!

HeatherW said...

I would have made them all pink balloons!!!!!

barbatron said...

Oh how I miss those work Birthdays!

Hope you had a great one!