Monday, September 01, 2008

I SO needed this! Day 1

So Dave surprised me and whisked me away for a weekend away for my birthday. My mom came over and watched the kids and animals while Dave and I jetted away to La Jolla, San Diego.

It was EXACTLY what I needed. We had no plans (other than a kayak trip) and that was EXACTLY the way I liked it! :) When we first got down to our Hotel (Hilton La Jolla at Torrey Pines), we looked around a bit and then decided to go out to lunch. The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but looked quite nice when you went inside. Of course I got lost the whole time we were there as the set-up was a little odd to me...that and I have no sense of direction.

The hotel we stayed at
The Hotel Entrance
When you walk inside the hotel (down the stairs is the restaurant)
The view inside the hotel when you walk in

The view from our room was beautiful, and you could look out to the pool, spa, golf course and then off the golf course was the bluffs. GORGEOUS!

Our room
Again...our room
The view from our room

We found this amazing little place called Jake's, and it was SOOOO good we decided to make reservations there for the next day for dinner. The food was SO good. Dave was embarrassed as I took pictures of our food, so when we went back at night, I refrained. His point: WHO takes pictures of food at a nice restaurant, or in general. I looked at him and he smiled and said "Besides Heather". (hehe)

The lunch menu (the dinner menu looked much different)

This is actually a picture of our view when we ate dinner, since Dave didn't want me taking pictures of the food. :P

I had this amazing butternut, apple, something soup. SOOO good. Then I had the Ahi Tuna salad with quail egg. Dave had a hamburger, but he said it was the best one he has tasted. The view was even better...it was right on the beach, and all the tables faced the beach. The staff was incredible...it was just perfect! I SOO recommend this place if you are ever in San Diego.

The Soup was SOOOO good!!!
So was my Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Quail Egg
Dave's burger - He was impressed

So after lunch, we went back to the hotel so I could take care of business (since I'm still nursing). The plan was that we were going to hang out downtown and walk around the beach, but by the time I finished, we both looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and then pulled the curtains and went to sleep. That's right. We took naps and didn't wake up until like 7pm or so. We called the kids (and my mom to make sure she was dealing ok) and then decided to go get dinner. We then came back watched a movie in the hotel that was still out in theaters. It was cool. After this rather exhausting (hehe) day, we went back to sleep again. I mean, seriously. We had no plans, and I have been SO stressed and tired. I SOOO needed this. I NEEDED to have nothing to do, and an opportunity to sleep. I know, how romantic, but you know what...when you have kids, you tell me what YOU choose to do when you have time. If you are faithful blog reader, you will remember that sleeping is one of my favorite things to do, and clearly by the dark circles under my eyes I RARELY get it.

4 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

What a beautiful hotel, room and view.
The restaurant doesn't look so bad either.
Jim would love this trip.

HeatherW said...

Of course you got lost!! You get lost in your own office building; don’t blame the hotel set up!! Hehehehe!!

Of course I take pictures of my food EVERYWHERE I go!! Danny doesn’t even notice that I do it anymore…actually sometimes he reminds me because he knows if I forget I will be sad.

Sleeping is the best!! Danny says its my favorite hobby!!!

Sounds like a great trip!! I love staying in hotels and San Diego is so fun!! I need a trip!!

Wendy said...

That sounds so great and like you really needed it. I don't blame you at all for all of the sleeping. Sounds perfect.

Pam said...

What a great weekend! That looks like a lot of fun!