Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Auntie Stephanie!!!

For those of you who are unaware, my sister and I are 4 days apart...three years and four days. That makes her ANCIENT!!! hehe. Just kidding. Anyway, we celebrated our birthdays together at Steph's house a few days before both of our birthdays.

Although from the mouths of babes comes the truth right? When Caiden, Kiya and I went to Steph's house to celebrate her birthday, Caiden blurted out that I was not old. (yes, I paid him with tons of ice cream later :P), but Auntie Stephanie...SHE WAS OLD!!! There was no prompting. I swear :)

We arrived sans Dave, who had a prior commitment to move Josh on Dave's one day off. As a side note, I have also learned to be more specific as Caiden kept asking where daddy was. I told him that he was moving. He got really quiet and then finally asked..."Mama, why is Daddy moving away?" He was so sad. I quickly explained that he was helping JOSH move his things, not that he was moving out of the house. Poor kid. (One of the guys at my work calls me "accurate" *I think he does it to be spiteful cuz he knows it bugs me*, but NOW you know why I am so "accurate"...when I'm not there are consequences.)

We arrived at Steph and Dave's and promptly went upstairs as they have just finished decorating their loft area for the kids. We spent most of our time up there as we had four munchkins running around. The kids had a blast. Kyle LOVES Caiden, and followed him around everywhere. Caiden was really good playing with all of the kids. Lindsay was intrigued with the stuff I brought over, and Kiya showed off her new found walking skills (she walks when you hold her hands). They pretty much have the whole place enclosed with gates, and locks, and a play pen area, so the kids were pretty secured inside the loft area.

Steph and Dave's play area for the twins
Ever feel like you are trapped inside your house? :P
Hmm...there is something mischievous about her smile here.
Kyle, Caiden (the dragon) and I
Kyle and I after I explained my purpose to him...I am the one that will spoil him rotten and then send him back to his parents :)
Kiya is thrilled when we walk
Lindsay was fascinated with Kiya's car seat
Kiya eating the letter "H"...as in H-U-N-G-R-Y

We had some food, fun and cake! Caiden LOVED the frosting (of course he did...he IS my son). Kyle LOVED the ice cream, well..frankly Kyle is a lot like David Naffin...he loved ALL the food! Lindsay and Kiya were a little more choosey. :)

There was the "birthday song"...of course we had to sign it too :)


This was shortly before we sang Happy Birthday. Notice how Kiya couldn't wait to sample the frosting on the cake...again.. they ARE my kids. :)
We had hamburgers and hot dogs...
Fruit salad and beans...
Lindsay was exhausted from all of the fun...

After some food in our bellies we retired upstairs again to let the kids play. We then turned on Signing Times, and you could hear a pin drop. ALL of the kids (except Kiya - she's not allowed to watch TV yet) were glued to the TV. We had a lot of fun. Thank you for hosting us Steph and Dave :)

Grandpa Phil entertaining

Steph, Mom and the twins watching "Signing Times"


Caiden LOVES Signing times. Here is a quick video of him signing mostly...he was signing every once and awhile

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool. I need to start Micah watching the signing times.