Sunday, November 02, 2008

Food Fight: Kiya 1; Mama 0

There are so many things I love about my kids. One is their distinctive personalities. Right when you think you have got things figured out as a parent, God throws you a curve ball in the form of a completely different personality.

Now don't get me wrong. My kids are amazing, and I have been BLESSED with adorable little cherubs...at least so far. :P They sure do keep me on my toes though.

For instance, Caiden was a very easy eater. He would eat whatever without hassle. It was great. He absolutely LOVED vegetables, tomatoes were one of his favorites, and he would share in my love of pickled foods like corn, pickles, etc...

Kiya on the other hand is NOT a lover of vegetables. Unless they are sweet potatoes or squash you would think I was poisoning her based on her overly dramatic responses.

She has many moves to tell you she is none too pleased with your selection of entrees.

First there is the hands over the face, faux tired move.

Then their is the lips pursed together, eyes closed (see no evil, taste no evil) move

Let's not discount the nose up in the air, sniff sniff move

Now I don't have a picture of the "missing lips" move where she sucks her lips in an effort to hide her mouth.

Of course there is the...fine I'll take it, but will promptly spit it out move too. That's a classic.

She's exactly like me...stubborn to the core. Whereas Caiden would have given in by now and succumbed, Kiya keeps on trucking...in fact, here are some pictures of Kiya proud as punch with herself.



And in case you didn't quite get the full effect, a video for you...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love her faces. Though I have to say I'm disappointed, I was expecting a food fight video. Where is the food flying back and forth, smacking each other in the face? Lets step it up a notch huh? (Yes Kiya I'm talking to you)

HeatherW said...

But what about pickled eggs? YUMMY!! The pickled food of all pickled foods…one could say a pickled god!!

I don’t blame Kiya…I wouldn’t eat that yucky stuff either!! I mean if it isn’t fried should we even call it food??

Mel said...

Heather: Pickled Eggs. I have never had a pickled egg...I don't know but something about that scares me.

HeatherW said...

Well then please don't pretend and call yourself a fan of the pickled foods...

Mel said...

There is not pretending. I am quite the fan of pickled food. Pickled ginger is yummy too...I have not had the opportunity to partake in some pickled eggs.

Wendy said...

Goodness she is cute. Those faces are too funny.

Pam said...

Ha, what I have to look forward to. :)