Friday, November 28, 2008

Halloween 2008

So I know I am a little behind in my blogging. I mean, Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am just now posting some pictures of Halloween. Frankly, a lot has been going on and I just haven't found the motivation to blog.

Anyway, my lack of posting abilities as of late is actually a good thing for you. See, I figure that you will have to exercise your brain power by reminiscing about your Halloween experience. You see. I wasn't slacking at all. I was concerned about you. I wanted to ensure that your mental facilities were in tip top shape :) I am also allowing you the unique opportunity to go back in time and experience the thrills of Halloween all over again....you are quite welcome :p

So close your eyes for a brief moment, relax and let your mind travel back about a month ago to the days of jack-o-lanterns and scary costumes :) Are you there yet? Good.

Caiden decided this year that he wanted to be Spiderman, and Kiya while I am sure she is filled with strong opinions (after all she IS my daughter) was a tulip fairy (as far as I can figure...the costume was cute).

Kiya as the tulip fairy with the dancing ghost that sings "I want candy"

Caiden as Spiderman and Kiya as the tulip fairy

Dave wanted to stay and pass out candy, but Caiden was ready to go scour the neighborhood in search of Halloween goodies and trick and treat adventures. After much cajoling and a number of visitors later. Dave compromised and put some candy out for people to grab while we ran around the neighborhood with our munchkins. We loaded the kids up with glow sticks and off we went into the night to explore what Halloween had in store for us this year.

Caiden helping Dave pass out candy

Caiden on the phone with Grammie and Papa Jim...this is the first year we didn't go to their house
The compromise :p

Now this was the first Halloween since the kids have been born that we stayed at our neighborhood. It was GREAT!!! We are going to stay put EVERY YEAR!!! There were SO many people. Loads decorated their houses and really went ALL OUT! People even dressed in costumes to answer their doors, and some even had their pets dress up. Everyone was very nice, and it was nice to see the neighbors that we haven't met quite yet. We really do have a great neighborhood.
Walking down the neighborhood
Approaching the door
Stopping for a picture :)
Even the pets got into the Halloween spirit

Cade and I
Caiden, Kiya and myself :)

Kiya and Dave

The following is a video of one of the houses. If you listen closely, you will hear me tell Dave to go up there with Caiden because I am scared and am not going any further. I completely admit that I am a total wuss when it comes to scary Halloween stuff. When Dave mentions the spider, my voice quivers. Thank goodness my kids are braver than me. :)



We had a lot of fun, and when the night was over, Caiden stayed up and helped Dave pass out candy until it was gone. He loved it!!!

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

I'm do glad that you posted the Halloween pictures..... I missed seeing the kids this year:( They sure were cute! See you soon.........Love you all.

Wendy said...

Way, way cute. And that one house was great. Cool that your neighborhood got into the spirit of things. Sounds like fun traditions are beginning in your own place.

HeatherW said...

Super cute but where are your and David's costumes??

Pam said...

the kids are adorable. so cute.

Jeanne said...

I love the Halloween pics. The kids looked sooooo cute.