Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cookies For Santa

This year Caiden and I decided to make some cookies for Santa, and put out some carrots for the reindeer along with Caiden's very festive letter to Santa. Since Caiden is not at the stage where he is writing full sentences, I transcribed what he told me to on the picture he colored for Santa of a scarecrow. (Don't ask me why a scarecrow, but this is what he chose).

Caiden's note to Santa

Caiden took his job making cookies very seriously, and worked very hard to make the perfect batch of cookies. Of course, what is cookie making without eating a little cookie dough?

Caiden making cookies
Very focused...

Well, it seems when my back was turned (attending to Kiya), Caiden ingested a bit more cookie dough than I realized. This was paid for later, as he Caiden got sick during the night (which also resulted in some late night laundry for me. (lesson learned: put AWAY the cookie dough quickly when you are done for the night). Clearly the lesson was not learned by Caiden as the first thing he asked for in the morning was more cookie dough. Sigh...I have created a monster.

I think they came out quite nicely, and that Santa will be quite impressed with the hard work and dedication that went into his cookies :)
Hmm...only crumbs and a little bit of milk left...hope Santa enjoyed them :)

3 comments:

HeatherW said...

Looks like "Santa" really enjoyed the cookies. :)

Very cute plates.

Wendy said...

The cookies did come out very nice. And who can just eat a little cookie dough. I always over indulge.

Hart's Haven said...

Wow what a lot of work and a lot of fun! bet Caiden got something really special from Santa!