Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bonney Christmas 2008

Since Dave worked Christmas Day, we celebrated Christmas this year on Christmas Eve. Dave came home from work that morning as fast as he could, then we all ran downstairs to see if Santa had visited us. We opened stockings and gifts as a family and had a brief break (and frankly a nap since Caiden, Kiya and I are all sick and Dave had worked all night) until the family came over for Part 2 of our Christmas Adventure.

Caiden and Kiya opening and exploring some gifts

Santa DID make an appearance

Caiden excited about his new spiderman toy
The dogs opening their gifts

It is really a blessing to have everyone together, and seeing as this is my favorite time of year, I am thrilled to be hosting Christmas. It was quite a commotion as we had 5 kids under the age of 5 in the house (2 infants, 2 toddlers, and of course my little man). We played "pass the kids around" while we chatted merrily and visited.

Me and Dean - How cute is he?!

Mom and Kiya :)
Karen and me
Lance and Susan and Kiya and Dean
Kiya still smiling, even though she has a cold
How cute is Kyle?
David made these two time out chairs for Kyle and Lindsay (per their parents' request)

Kyle and Lindsay's first time sitting in their new chairs
"hey...these chairs aren't so bad"...they sat in them for quite a while.
Kiya "feeling" out her new cousin Dean
Pam and Dean
Me cooking...yep..I know, even I am shocked that I am cooking :P

After dinner had settled, and the fury of wrapping paper had been cleaned up, we all settled down for some dessert and of course an opportunity to play with our new gifts. My mom gave Dave and I a wii for Christmas. Of course having the competitve family that I have, the game was on!!! Even Phil got into the spirit and even won the game!! Of course he was playing my character as I had to stop and go feed Kiya. :) Let's say I gave him a head start...no really, I WAS on a roll. :)

Phil playing wii...can you guess which game he was playing? Three guesses and the first two don't count.

Steph playing tennis with the wii

Ok, so I am not the most technically savvy of people. I'm just trying to figure the darn thing out.

Merry Christmas everyone :) It's wonderful to spend time with people who care about family and cherish time we have together.

3 comments:

HeatherW said...

Cooking...all I see is the rolls of biscuits on the counter. ;0)

I say Wii bowling.

Wendy said...

That does look like a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there but at least we all got to see each other later.

Hart's Haven said...

Wish we would have been there. Missed you all soooo much!