Monday, December 15, 2008

Playroom Coming To Life!

We have lived at our house now for about 3 years, and we STILL have rooms left to paint and decorate. It is driving me crazy. I keep asking Dave to help me with it, since he likes to make fun of my painting skills and has pretty much banned me from painting.

Before picture

Well, I've had it. I'm tired of waiting (Dave HATES to paint which is why the postponement). I thought it time that I take matters into my own hands...and paintbrush. I figured I would surprise Dave by having him walk into the room and it would be ALL DONE!!!!

Well, I absolutely stink at picking paint colors. I can pick the color I like, but they never seem to come out the way the little paper shows them to be. Since I was flying solo (except for the two kids), I bought little samples of paint and tried a few different colors on the wall. I settled on something called "Homestead Tea House". I wanted something bright and fun (after all it IS a kid's playroom), but subtle...something that would go with the rest of the house.

After picture

I won't lie...it was tough. Especially because both kids are sick, and my back is still all out of whack. I "manned" up and worked as fast as I could considering that I had to stop to take care of the kids. Finally, I got some back up! Josh called and took pity on me, and agreed to help me paint!! What a welcome relief. Of course, Caiden wanted to help too, and he was a real trooper. When it was time to paint, he changed into some "undesirable" clothes, and when it was time to hang pictures he changed into his comfy pjs!!

Caiden was such a trooper. He helped me paint after I put Kiya to bed. It was nice to have another pair of hands.



Hopefully Dave will come home and be both surprised and happy. I hope he likes the color, the paint job, etc...he can be quite picky. My only consolation...if he wants something different, it's allllllllllllll him. I'm retired from painting for a little while. :)
Hanging the map
The map wall...

Kiya surveying the room...
Kiya applauds our efforts!!! She likes it....hope everyone else does too :)

5 comments:

HeatherW said...

Nice job!! Good thing you didn't call me to assist...I am not a painter...I am more of a pay someone to paint for me. And even though I don't have money right now I still wouldn't paint...I would wait till I had money to pay someone to paint for me!!

Pam said...

I think it looks very good. It's a great color for a play room!

Wendy said...

That looks great Melissa! Good job! Let us know what David thought.

Jeanne said...

Great job! The color is beautiful and very warm and fun!
I used to do the same thing when your dad was on a business trip.

Anonymous said...

it looks so warm and inviting. I'd love to play legos in there!