Sunday, December 14, 2008

Knott's Berry Farm 2008

It's that time of year again - when Knott's Berry Farm allows Firefighters and their families to go to the park on them! This is our third year in a row going with Sue and Jim.

We had a load of fun. Caiden is now old enough to go on some of the other, more adventurous rides (such as the log ride - which frankly I was TERRIFIED of when I was a kid). Kiya even went on the log ride with Papa Jim and Grammie Sue (in the comfort of Grammie's arms). She was not too impressed with it. Sadly enough Caiden is in that stage where I think that Camp Snoopy is getting a little too young for me. He only had one rule this year...no rides that go upside down. Of course, any ride that goes upside down, he is too short for :p

Inside the log ride
Take a look at Caiden's face. This was snapped as we went down on the log ride

I took this picture RIGHT after we took the log ride plunge

Sue had Kiya bundled up, and she was clinging on tight. She did a good job though considering. Shoot. I think I was 8 and screaming and crying NOT to go on the ride...she's less than a year and more whined.

We did a number of new rides such as log ride, bumper cars and such, and of course the classics (the car ride with Papa is a tradition now). We skipped the Ferris Wheel which he has gone on the past two years with Grammie and Papa, but this year he stated that that ride was only for three year olds, and he is four so he can't go on it. Gotta love the logic.

Some traditions must not be broken :)

The mining ride (I can't seem to remember the name) was not enjoyed by either Kiya or Caiden. They both did not like the dark too much.

I thought this was so cute...
This is RIGHT before we got on the mining ride. All smiles right?

This is ON the mining ride.
Caiden on the mining ride

We also went to see Snoopy on Ice. I really enjoyed the show, as did Kiya (again with the music) and Caiden.

Right before the ice skating show

This picture makes me laugh. Kiya's acting like She-ra...I have the power!!!! :P

Caiden being the sweet big brother that he is won a duck for Kiya. She loved it, and cuddled with it most of the way home.

Towards the end of the time...tired but happy


Here is the duck that Caiden won for Kiya. So sweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love the contrast between Dave's face and Caiden's. Polar opposites.

HeatherW said...

I thought about not even commenting on this post because of the location but I will comment with out commenting on the location. First let me just say I love Kiya's outfit. The BEST thing though is the picture of Caiden and the picture of Kiya and their reactions to whatever it was that they were doing!! :)

Wendy said...

That looks like a really fun day. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jeanne said...

The picture on the log ride is precious. I think you ought to make a Christmas card out of it and add Kiya.