Friday, May 01, 2009

Backpacking with Daddy and Grandpa Lance

I'm sitting here at jury duty, and I figured what better thing to do with some extra spare time than catch up on some blogging. Life and computer issues have kept me from updating, but now that I have some forced free time (in the form of waiting for my name to be called in the jury "quiet room"), I figured I would update some of the goings on since the last update.

About a month ago, David, accompanied by Lance took Caiden on his first overnight backpacking adventure. He did VERY well, and immensely enjoyed himself.


Caiden hiking...what a little man. I LOVE this picture.

Caiden was SO proud to be on this backpacking trip. We even got him a new backpack (in the form of a Camelbak.
Grandpa Lance and Caiden stop for a picture break. Notice how Caiden knows the importance of hydrating on such an adventure...he showcases such knowledge by drinking through the picture. :)
Closer up picture of Caiden and Grandpa Lance

They hiked and camped and discovered lots of interesting creatures that call the outdoors home.

Milipede
Salamander

Frog
Ticks were rampant, and Dave had to pick them off Caiden, but mostly himself. It turns out Dave is a Tick Magnet (not a chick magnet, a tick magnet...get it? I crack me up :P)

Water snake in the water

Same water snake sans water

Caiden still talks about it, and loved hiking and camping with "the guys". They hiked to a perfect spot where they made camp, and were able to take in some of the sights.

Off in the distance you can see Caiden and Lance
Here they are relaxing :)

Some of the views that they were able to see






I really like this picture...with the trees and the water. I think it's really pretty

All in all they had a grand adventure, and Caiden is very much looking forward to going on another backpacking adventure soon. :)


3 comments:

Sarah said...

what a great adventure for him!
Someday I'm going to be brave enough to take my kids on adventures like that. :)

Pam said...

that looks very interesting. i'm not sure I'd go that far, but it look like they had fun. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful. It makes me jealous.
katie pacheco