Monday, May 11, 2009

Caiden Turns 5!!!!

I know that it has been months since Caiden actually turned 5 years old, but again I thank you for being an understanding and patient blog reader. I have been quite behind and have LOADS of entries to post. However, (and this is the part where I start making excuses) in all fairness I HAVE been plagued with computer issues, not to mention some sub par health, AND the fact that I am a full time working mother of two children that lives a heck of a long way from her work meaning I have NO TIME!!!

Whew! Now that I got that off my chest, I feel a lot better. Now back to Caiden's birthday. He was so excited, and he woke up early in anticipation of the day that we celebrate his birth! He couldn't wait for all of his friends and family to arrive, and did the equivalent of the "are we there yet?" only "are they here yet?" until everyone showed up. He chose the decorations, theme and everything for his party. For those of you who know him, tell me that doesn't surprise you? After all, I DO tend to raise stubborn and independent children. **For this I blame my mother...I mean, after all it was her "blessing and a curse" that caused it all. "Melissa I hope you have children JUST like you"...to which I would reply "So do I!" Wish granted. Thanks Mom!**

Caiden's choice of a bounce house
Of course he has spiderman balloons
Superhero decorations
He even picked out his cake
And the games...

As you can tell Caiden went with a superhero theme, primarily Spiderman. This was the first time that we had invited kids from his school over, so I was really thankful that David was here to help coordinate. I get incredibly shy and with all of the kids and moms, I was glad that he was the one that would say when things would start and stop...especially because I HATE opening gifts in front of people. Dave handled it very well. Dave did a great job lining up the kids for the pinata (Spiderman of course), and then again for the Spiderman version of pin the tail on the donkey.



This was the line for the "pin the tail on spiderman type game" (and yes I am fully aware that spiderman does not have a tail)

Dave does the honors and spins the kids...we nixed this when they got confused when we just pushed them forward sans spinning. :p
Each kid got a turn to hit the pinata

And then the mad grab for candy...
Kiya chillin with Grandpa Lance
Even Dean got into the bouncing mood in the bounce house (Pam and Dean)

Initially, the house was calm and somewhat quiet. Well, as quiet as our house can be with 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 kids. Then all the kids came, and let me tell you...it was CHAOTIC!!! The playroom took exactly 5 seconds to have all of the contents dumped on the floor of the room. I was impressed. These kids were PROS!

Boys will be boys...
The pole was a big hit...the "fireman" pole that is :)
Oh and this is AFTER I started cleaning up a little

Caiden was a good little host as well. He had a great time at his party, jumping in the bounce house, hitting the pinata, and playing the Spiderman pin the tail type game, opening gifts and having cake, but at the end of it all, he went around and passed out party favors to his friends. We made MANY play dates from the party. It was a good time had by all, and was the start of all of the invites to his friend's birthday parties. :)

Caiden in the bounce house with his spiderman shirt, socks, button, and underwear (although you can't see that)
Megan and Mackenzie bouncing away :)

Olivia and Caiden in front of the air hockey table Caiden got for his birthday
Gabe, Caiden and Derrick (his good friends)

Caiden posing with his Iron man gift
Caiden passing out party favors to his friends before they left. :)

Caiden had a great time, and truth be told so did I....although I DID sleep well that night :P

2 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

Wish we could have been there. I did have fun when I came for lunch a few days later. It was really good to see the kids.

Pam said...

It was a fun party.