Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hiking With Josh

Remember I told you that I was behind in my postings??? Well this was from a hiking trip with Josh back in March...yes, that's right March.


Anyways, now it has been so long I can't remember where we were. Honestly, I could ask Dave and he would remember, but frankly he is working in the yard, and I just finished mowing and running around so I would like a little break. You can see my dilemma can't you? If I ask he knows that I'm not working in the yard anymore :P (Shhh....don't tell him.)

So let's pretend you know where we are hiking, or better yet, let's not. It will be very mysterious. :) I don't remember much about this hike, except that I was DOG tired...I mean pathetically tired. So much so that my 5 year old son was RUNNING with Josh to see if they could beat us to the end of the hike, while I was practically going backwards. I swear if I had had a rope I would have lassoed Dave and made him pull me the rest of the way. It must have been an off day, I mean I CANNOT be THAT out of shape, can I?

This was Caiden's first hike with his new Camelbak. It is the equivalent of an adult carrying about 30lbs, and he did great with it until the trek back. Once we removed it the running started :) Kiya is even a pro at drinking out of one too, which is great because it saves us from carrying other things such as bottles, sippy cups and all


Kiya taking a little break
Kiya proving she is quite the pro at drinking out of the CamelBak
And just a pose cuz she's a cutie :)
And my handsome 5 year old Caiden :)
Kiya and I stopping for a break. Look. I am even SITTING tired...
Josh

Along the trail we stopped and searched for Salamanders as its the season. Caiden has become so brave now as he willingly searches, touches and holds them. He used to just want to be a silent observer but not an active participant. Kiya, on the other hand, has no fear. She will touch, hold, and try pretty much anything.

Dave holding a salamander and Cade looking on
Caiden then got his own salamander to hold
Kiya has no fear, she immediately tried to touch it and hold it

Caiden also had a lot of fun climbing up the rocks with Josh and Dave. They climbed to the top of a ledge and sat down so I could take a picture. Caiden felt like such the "man". After they had proved how manly they were, they climbed down and tried their hand at a little baseball (of course with makeshift bat *tree limb* and ball *rocks*).

climbing up the rocks
Success!!!!
See how high they were :)
America's favorite pastime....baseball

Oh, and Caiden DID beat us to the end, along with Josh by maybe 5 minutes. Dave was VERY proud of Caiden and gave him a big High Five. Of course Caiden was beaming at that. :) Once I caught my breath (pathetic...can I claim asmtha, cuz I DO actually have that) I gave Caiden a big hug.

2 comments:

PM said...

ok remind me I have TWO questions for u...anyways :-| @ caiden holding that salamander and not being scared. The only time you'd prob see me run is running away from something like that :S LOL I am picturing them all finishing the hike and you like 5 feet away from the start all out of breath passed out on the ground with flies hovering around you LOL LOL LOL ok thats mean :( but it made me giggle :(

Hart's Haven said...

Looks like a great hike.........and I love salamanders!