Saturday, June 13, 2009

National History Museum


One day, I wake up and Dave tells me to get the kids ready and get in the car that he was taking us somewhere.


We load up in the car, and over an hour later, I'm STILL trying to guess where we are going. Of course this makes David laugh because my sense of direction is SOO off that I'm guessing places that we are not even remotely close to. Finally, we arrive...at the National History Museum.

Now I haven't been at the National History Museum in a loooong time. I apologize in advance as my camera died (I was not aware we were going to go to the Natl History museum so I was not adequately prepared), and some of my pictures came out fuzzy.

It was quite interesting. I remembered it being mostly about dinosaurs, but frankly this was a very small portion of the exhibit. They had most of the dinosaur area closed down for renovation. It was interesting to see all of the different types of terrain, areas, and animals, although I did feel a twinge sad when Dave pointed out that all of those animals were at one time living and breathing. I mean they had SOOO many baby animals displayed :(

These animals are SO large. It's sometimes easy to forget when you aren't standing in front of them
Elephants really are amazing
The entrance Dinosaurs

There was a cool demonstration with an animatronic dinosaur. Caiden was really excited for it, but when it came out he was instantly in my lap with HUGE eyes and saying he wanted to go. Kiya was more interested, but also had the big wide eyed expression.

This was the animatronic dinosaur. It was quite cool.
Kiya's reaction :) I couldn't get you Caiden's because he was on my lap hiding :P

Towards the end we went down to the discovery center for the kids. Kiya LOVED the animal pelts and tried to cuddle up with them to go to sleep. Caiden was fascinated by the excavation dig site, and he spent a while digging up fossils.

Dave and Caiden become paleontologists
Kiya considering whether or not she wants to join as a jr. paleontologist
The three of them digging
You can't tell but Kiya has her thumb in her mouth. When she is tired she MUST hold something soft, and have her thumb in her mouth....apparently the pelts fit the bill.
The last picture my camera would take...not bad eh??

It was nice to go back and visit. Next time I will be better prepared with a fully charged camera.

1 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

I haven't been to the Natural History Museum in years I'm glad that it is still fun......