Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mother's Day!!!

For Mother's Day Dave took the kids and I to one of my favorite places....SEA WORLD! He bought us season passes, so we can go the remainder of the year too.


Beluga Whale...next visit to Sea World I may get to get in the water with them :)
Of course you know I love my dolphins
I mean they naturally smile
I loved the birds hair...yes...I'm taking a picture of the birds :p

Now that both kids are a little older they can appreciate the different aspects Sea World has to offer. We had a lot of fun looking at all of the sea creatures. The kids loved the eels, and of course the Garibaldi fish was a favorite of Caiden's...after all it happens to be his favorite color.

Caiden, Kiya and I looking at the eels
The kids were fascinated with the eels
Caiden loved the Garibaldi fish
And then we walked out and saw this vibrant orange bird (it must have been Caiden's lucky day)
The kids were so intrigued.

Kiya had NO fear. She was willing to feed the bat rays, although Caiden was more comfortable to look at them this year. He did attempt to feed them a few times. He had a blast in the touch tank though with Dave.
Feeding the bat rays
Kiya has no fear...she was eager to feed them
Touch pools are a favorite with Dave and Caiden
Starfish
Dave showing Caiden some sea life
Caiden touching the sea life
Hmmm....what do we touch first?
Kiya wants to get down and explore some more
Kiya loved the pelicans :)
Kiya talking to the bird

So happy to be at Sea World

This was also the first year that Caiden was tall enough to go on the ride through the Artic (that is like Star Tours at Disneyland). I haven't been on it yet, because the kids were not old enough before. Dave was able to take Caiden on his first go at it, and he loved it!!


Kiya thinking "Oh, teddy beaaaarrrrrr"
Manatee at lunch time
In the Shark Encounter pointing out the sharks
So cool
Kiya pointing out her favorites
Peaceful....
Sea Turtle eating lettuce
Dave couldn't help but feed the flamingos
Big turtle
The Shamu show was a big hit for both kids, and of course we sat in the splash zone...I mean, is there any OTHER place to sit??

Orcas!!!
I think he's now completely accustomed to me taking pictures...doesn't even faze him
So cute...Dave and Caiden waiting for the show to start
My self portrait of Kiya and I
Someone felt bad that I kept trying to take pictures myself so they offered to take one of us
My angels and my reason for living :)
Me trying to take a family picture...I BARELY made it in there

We had a lot of fun. I LOVE Sea World :) I can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

ricky said...

belluga!! :) y'all look wet did shamu sneeze on u? that sea turtle GOT DOWN on that lettuce :-|

Hart's Haven said...

Good times.......

Pam said...

wow, looks like fun!