Wednesday, November 22, 2006

And Dinner is Served...

And it happens to be served on our brand new dining room table. Let me tell you this thing is HUGE!!! It has 3 leaves so that we can extend the table out to much bigger than we would actual need...but hey, at least we have options, right?

We decided since we are having Christmas at our house, we needed something that would accommodate our family. We searched for about 6 months, but we are either extremely picky, or the tables and/or chairs are UGLY! We either liked the table, but not the chairs, or liked the chairs but not the table...to be honest this time was no exception. The chairs that came with this set were absolutely hideous. I would say they looked like curtains that would have hung in my grandma's house, except that my Mimi had impeccable taste, so that would not be accurate. Let's just say they were ugly, and as much as I tried to see them “growing on me” eventually, at the end of the day I just couldn’t go through with the purchase as is. I then searched the store until I found some chairs that I liked AND that matched the table.

And now for the unveiling.....let me know what you think! Oh, and the rug is new too :)




2 comments:

Wendy said...

I do like it. Very nice.

Pam said...

It looks like it will go very well in that room.