Monday, November 27, 2006

The Sad Sad News: Tom the Turkey update



So for those of you, who were concerned about Tom the Turkey, be concerned no longer. The news was delivered to me today that Tom the Turkey is...no longer. I know, I know...I was pretty much inconsolable.

Above is a picture of what I envisioned Tom to look like.

Below is a picture of what my friend's neighbors envisioned Tom would look like.

They won.

The sad part is that I heard that Tom has a friend - A friend that is being saved for Christmas dinner…Kris Kringle (the name that I have given to the new turkey in a last ditch attempt to humanize it and spare Kris's poor life). Hopefully, Kris will not meet the same fate as Tom. No longer will Tom run around happy in his turkey life…

Let's all observe a moment of silence in memory of Tom...silence over...can someone pass the mashed potatoes. :P

2 comments:

Pam said...

If I had to kill my meat, I'd be a vegetarian.

Wendy said...

I agree with Pam.