Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Deja Vu...and then some




So like every divorced family, we have multiple holiday celebrations. I guess I'm ok with it. I mean let's look at the positive side here. I get at least 2 holiday dinners (that I NEVER cook), get to spend 2 whole evenings with family (and watch Caiden get spoiled, plus I get a bit of a break), and the best part of the multiple celebrations...2 sets of Dessert!!!!!! That's right, you heard me...more opportunities to pack on the pounds.

Hey, so I should actually BLAME my family for my impending obesity, possible diabetes and whatever other ailment I can blame them for. Just kidding. (I love you guys, really I do) :P

Anyway, the day after Thanksgiving was a bit of deja vu, although instead of going to Big Bear, we went to Coto de Caza (my mom's house). I proceeded to get on EVERYONE’S nerves (mainly Phil's) early on...you see, I hadn't eaten and I was VERY hungry. They kept telling me a few more minutes, but I think it was more like chucks of 1/2 hour increments. I was then shooed from the kitchen, the pantry, and basically told to be patient and wait for dinner. Have they met me? I mean, really...when have I EVER exercised patience? You would think by now my family would know that I missed that virtue when they were handing it out.

Anyway, we laughed, talked, ate and then instead of the after dinner coma that most families get lulled into - we exercised! Well, sort of. Dave showed off his strength by doing push ups with Caiden on his back (he's 28 pounds). I decided to give Dave more of a challenge, so I got on his back (I am more than 28 pounds...a lot more thanks to the multiple celebrations and dessert options)...Dave did well until Caiden jumped on my back...that did him in. :)





Caiden and Gigi used Caiden's new tools to build things, and then Uncle Dave and Caiden played horsey...after that Dave took Caiden around for piggy back rides. It was an exhausting day (hence why I am posting this so late). I know, but you'll forgive me right? Can I claim Thanksgiving food coma 3 days later?




1 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah for more family.