Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Day of Rest and Relaxation - NOT SO FAST!

So this past Friday was to be a very rare occasion. I was actually going to have some alone time. That's right. No David, No Caiden, just me. I was actually pretty excited. I had dreamed up all these wonderful things that I was going to do for the day. Of course all of them revolved around sleep and watching tv and stuff. You know, completely mind numbing activities.

I had had a pretty good day, all was well, with the exception of one of my new hires referring to me as "old". That's right. Me, at the ripe old age of 30...old. Over the hill. ancient. I had told her earlier that day that I was going to be by myself that night, and I was joking with her on how the old fogey's of 30 yrs of age find thrills. I told her that I was going to drive home, change my clothes into comfy clothes, make sure my dentures were bright and shiny and dust off my walker and bust a move. Her response: Don't forget your depends. I told her I would just borrow some from her.

Anyway, I walk out of the office, jump on the freeway, sit in traffic, and then my day of rest and relaxation changes to that of stress and tension. I was on the freeway, and this jeep in front of me slams on the brakes, so of course I slam on mine...unfortunately, my brakes locked. I remember the classes where they tell you to pump your brakes, but it was like 2 seconds...and I didn't pump my brakes. I said a quick prayer hoping that I would stop short of the jeep, but to no avail. I ended up with a jeep hood ornament. Translation: I rear-ended the jeep and my car went under his.

I did the usual get out and exchange information. The guy was from Michigan or Minnesota or somewhere. Anyway, I took a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. The worst part about this whole thing is that I just got a bonus from work, and I was so excited thinking that I could put this extra money to bills, and then crash! Literally...my dreams were shattered. Ok, so I may be a bit melodramatic, but still.

The funny part is that I sent pictures to Dave, and then got out of the car and tried to push down the dents. It worked somewhat. :p At least the Michigan man was nice enough to hand me my license plate.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure do make a habbit of rear-ending people. Remind me not to drive in front of you! ;)

Wendy said...

Yes Melissa, I think that you are a bit accident prone. Poor you.

Pam said...

At least Caiden wasn't in the car with you. That's one positive that I can think of. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're accident prone. Specially with the amount of driving you do. Aren't you on the road like 12 hours a day. :)

Mel said...

Why, Yes Steve. Yes I am. Truly, I drive at least 4 hours a day, so my one accident in the last 3 years is not so bad.

Anonymous said...

So lets do the math...I know I know. I will show my math and make it easy.

4 hours a day, 5 days a week is 20 hours a week (4 x 5 = 20).
OR 1040 a year (20 x 52 weeks in a year)! AUGH!

So one accident in the last 3120 hours of driving is nothing (1040 hrs a year x 3 years). Lol!!!

Anonymous said...

ONE accident in the last 3 years?