Monday, March 05, 2007

Dinner with the Pachecos!




Caiden and I went to visit the Pachecos on Saturday, and they were gracious enough to invite us to dinner. Katie's parents came over to her house for dinner, and I hadn't seen them in a while. Katie made a delicious dinner (with the help of Caiden) of Tilapia (white fish), Fettuccini Alfredo, salad, fruit, spanikopitas (Greek food – I LOVE IT!!), chicken, broccoli and a yummy dessert of fresh fruit over shortcake.






The weight loss competition that I am one did not help. Well, I guess it did in a way. Earlier in the day, we were going to watch chick flicks and eat cookies, popcorn, and yummy treats. Because of this wonderful weight loss competition, I forced everyone to go to the store with me so we could purchase Diet Dr. Pepper (Caffeine free at that), and to quench the thirst for something sweet…fruit. That’s right. I forced everyone to eat Kiwi, Papaya, Mango, grapes, and such. I have to say that every time I turned my head, I did catch a glimpse of cookies and ice cream being passed behind my back. Traitors!! 

We had a lot of fun. Caiden blessed our food, and then Brian said a proper grace before our meal. It was so good. I could have eaten everyone’s, but I was a bit stuffed. After all, I had all that Fruit and Diet Dr. Pepper.

Caiden and Daniel and Christy had fun, while we visited. Caiden and Dave (Katie’s dad) shared a few moments, and Caiden even told him how old he was going to be for his upcoming birthday!






We had a lot of fun, and can’t wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing my picture I must join the weight loss competiton quickly!
your traitor

Pam said...

Looks like fun, but why are you in a weight loss competition. You are already beautiful!

Wendy said...

I was thinking the same things as Pam. Lose weight? From where?