Thursday, May 10, 2007

Team Event - Lunch and Movie

After a day of fun in the sun at the beach, we decided to take a break and grab a bite to eat. Now I wanted Ruby's on the pier, but apparently SOMEONE on the team who shall remain nameless (SARA) campaigned for BJ's restaurant.


The gang at BJ's

It was good. The food took a bit too long to get there, and by the time you received something that you asked for you didn't need it anymore. For example, Jim asked for a lemon for his drink, but by the time he got it his drink was gone. Shannon asked for a straw, but didn't get it until her glass was empty. Even though the service was a bit on the slow side, it gave us more time to talk to each other and share some stories. The waitress even christened our newbie (Jim) with a nickname "Muscles".

Mel, Nicole, Juan
Wendy and Teri looking sweet
Shannon, Sara, Michael chowing down

Josh and Wendy...hmm...why is Wendy looking at Josh like this?
Juan (again on the phone), Jim "Muscles", Shannon

After looking at some of the pictures that we took, it almost looks like we were playing a game of charades or something. We weren't, I tell you...we are just a quirky little group I suppose.

Umm...I have NO idea
I was doing my best "Wilson" Impression from Home Improvement
Hmm,..again. I'm lost...maybe re-enacting a movie?
Sara, Michael and William striking a pose.

I learned a lot about the team today, as well as certain members of the team. For example, I learned that William and Sara cannot be trusted to EVER pick a movie for the team again. They campaigned for this movie called “Hot Fuzz”. I think it may have been one of the worst movies I have seen. I actually think that I am dumber for having seen it…brain cells have been irreparably damaged, there are 2 hours and 15 minutes or so of my life that I will NEVER get back.

It was SO bad that towards the end of it, Josh started pleading…”Please…the credits, please, let’s just have the credits now”. It was the strangest, most pointless movie I have ever seen. I am not sure who made it or why someone ever thought that this might be a good idea, but however this movie came to fruition I believe it must have been dreamt up over a very bad acid trip of sorts. Either that or Sara and William are trying to torture me and the team by making us watch such a mind numbing movie. Regardless they are banned from picking movies for the team for awhile…either that or I get executive decision rights. J

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like a good time. Beach day huh... I hope it wasn't like the last office episode. They went to the beach also. Anyway, I like seeing some of the people that you work with.

butterflydreams said...

wow can I work for you we never go on field trips
I can't get out today sorry I'll be home at 5pm

Pam said...

That looks like good team building. :)

Hart's Haven said...

Wow, you call that work! That isn't how I remember it.