Saturday, October 13, 2007

Birthday Surprise For Dave!

Well, since my computer has been out of commission, I was unable to post the goings on of the past few weeks. Since my last posting, David had a birthday. Of course, Dave is still in the land of the 20's and hasn't quite made it over the hill to 30'sville like I have.

He happened to be working on his birthday, so after a dinner with Gigi, Caiden and I decided to show up at the Fire station to wish him a proper "Happy Birthday".

Caiden and Gigi shared an Ice Cream Shake at dinner
Although I think Caiden drank most of it
The Spoon Toast
Caiden is REALLY enjoying his treat...just look at that smile.

Gigi helped Caiden and I pick out some good treats at the store to bring to the fire station.

Caiden picked out the balloons for Daddy
But felt impelled to test them out to ensure that they were sturdy
Just a little bop on the head to make sure that they are the "Perfect" balloons for daddy

Of course we came equipped with all of the right party elements, expertly chosen by Caiden of course. We had balloons, and a Dora the Explorer cake that Caiden had instructed the baker to write "Happy Birthday Daddy". I thought the other firefighters would get a kick out of the Dora cake, but Caiden was all smiles. He felt very proud for picking out all of the party supplies.

Dave and Caiden right before Dave cut the cake.

When we arrive at the fire station, we all gathered around the table to sing Happy Birthday and enjoy some cake. Caiden was a little shy at first, but quickly overcame his shyness and performed a medley of songs. I have included a brief video of our night here. Right after his performance, Dave was going to take Caiden out to play on the Fire trucks, but they got a call, and quickly jumped into the fire truck and off they went!




Caiden begged me to follow them, but seeing as that is illegal, as well as the call being about a stabbing, I thought it might be better if we headed home to safety.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the singing. How cute. And I could tell how much the firemen liked the Dora cake.

Pam said...

That was fun to see a little bit of where David works and to see Caiden singing him Happy Birthday. Very cute.