Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween with Papa Jim and Grammie Sue

Per tradition, Caiden, Dave and I went over to Jim and Sue's house for Halloween. We pass out mulled spiced cider to the adults and candy to the trick or treating kids. Unfortunately, in the past few years the number of passersby has been decreasing, so this may be the last time that we partake in this particular tradition. :(

Papa Jim, Grammie Sue, Dave, Caiden & me
Papa Jim, Pam, Caiden, Dave and me

Caiden had a lot of fun. He spent the whole day with Papa Jim, Grammie Sue and of course Dave. I joined them after work, as did Auntie Pam. Dave and I brought the pumpkins that we had carved with Caiden the previous night for ambiance. We had a great time. Besides the usual trick or treating, we played puzzles, and ate pizza! Uncle Jake joined us later in the evening.
Caiden's pumpkin creation
Dave's pumpkin creation
Puzzle time

Pam and Caiden went around saving the world from "fires" with Caiden's fire hose (which was Auntie Pam's Camelpak as the Caiden's was being used as his SCBA *Self-contained breathing apparatus*).
Caiden and Auntie Pam putting out a vehicle fire :P

Caiden and Dave were dressed as firefighters. Dave worked hard to create an SCBA pack for Caiden out of an A&W root beer bottle, Camelpak and some Lowe's products. It was so cute. We got a lot of comments on their outfits from "Where did you get that? You should enter it into a competition?" to "Are you a real firefighter?". The last question was clearly directed at Dave.
Three firefighters


Caiden's SCBA
Dave as himself
Like father, like son

Pam and I went along for the ride, but we weren't dressed in costumes - unless Dave's PJ pants, shirt and my turtle slippers count. I guess you can say I was dressed as "comfort".

I thought I got a video of one of Caiden's trick or treating interactions, but unfortunately I had the camera in picture mode not video. It was really funny though, as Caiden was offered a piece of candy, but then said "no, no no. I want the Orange one". His favorite color is orange for those of you who didn't know. We had a brief discussion about manners after that. Cade did very well with the treat or treating and saying thank you, but he got tired towards the end of the night. At that point, he would just stare at people. He didn't seem to understand that we get the candy and leave. He wanted to stay and chat...it was getting more challenging to pull him away as the night went on.

trick or treating
What a surprise when the door was opened by a pint sized fairy :)
No more trick or treating...too tired.

I did manage to get one decent video. As the night drew on, Caiden's treat or treat bag got heavier and he got more tired. Dave ended up having to carry him for a little while, but once we got back to Papa and Grammie, he was awake as could be :)



It was a really fun night, and I'm glad that we had the opportunity to do it.

3 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

We had a great time!!!!! It was wonderful to have you all there.

Pam said...

That was fun. I'm glad I was able to make it this year. :)

Wendy said...

Too cute. I loved the costumes. That was a cute video and I loved Caiden and Pam putting out fires with the camelpack. I wil have to join it sometime.