Thursday, February 14, 2008

My New Hobby

Since I have been home I thought I would try out a new hobby. I got it into my head that I wanted to learn to knit a hat, so at 6pm I went out to JoAnn's fabric store and got some yarn and supplies to take on my new project.

Now I wasn't sure how it would turn out, as the people at the store were none to helpful. Every question I had seemed to be met with "I don't know" or an answer that I think they dreamed up from out of nowhere. I was determined to start my new project immediately, so I rushed home and began working on it. A few hours later, a new hat for Kiya was born!
Getting comfy with her new hat
Contemplating what this new hat really means
Can't you tell she is THRILLED about her new hat?

Now I am on a mission. I have just finished my second hat (one for Caiden) which I actually like better (but I think it just because I like the colors better). I wish I had more time to branch out and truly explore what kind of creativity that has been stifled in me due to the pressures of work and life.

Caiden's hat

I LOVE being home and being able to have the energy and the time to explore other aspects of myself.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

hey good work! is that with the nifty knitter?
Kinda a bummer - i've had the same experience with joanne's workers. not at every joann's but enough that I know not to ask any real questions any more.

Anonymous said...

Ohh look at you the super star knit girl!! I think Kiya's hat is super cute...although I can't tell if she likes it! hehehe. :)

I know what you mean about Joann's employees not being helpful. Danny and I went there the other day because I had questions about learning how to quilt...we got the same answer you got to every question, "I don't know" So sad.

Mel said...

Sarah: Yep. I made it with the Knifty Knitter. It was so easy too. I just put on a movie and by the end of the movie I had a hat! :)

Wendy said...

Yeah for the knifty knitter. I really like both of them.

Pam said...

I loved using the knifty knitter. Unfortunately it's been pushed to the side while I've been so busy. The hats look great by the way.