Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Other Melissa :)

My best friend and I have as many similarities as we do differences. We met when she moved from New York to Cali in 7th grade. She asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with her and we have been best friend's ever since. In fact, I think I still have the note she wrote me asking me to lunch.

From that time on we spent every moment together until she moved to Santa Monica :( I was heartbroken, but of course we kept in touch and continue to throughout our life courses. It's funny as we have a lot of similarities. We both have the same first and middle name. Our parents both have the same names, and when we met our mom's drove the same car, same year, just different colors. We are both left handed, and have quirky senses of humor.

I guess that's where most of the similarities stop...she is a lot more outgoing than I am, has a lot more confidence and is worldly (she's traveled a lot more than I have and even lived for a few years in another country to absorb the language). Of course, Melissa is MUCH shorter than me (probably 5'2 or 5'3), petite, she has dark hair and looks like an Estee Lauder model. She is super intelligent, and has that New York Chic thing going on. She is the Godmother to my son, and I am the Godmother to hers. I love Melissa! It's funny because every time we call each other we always say. "Hey, It's the other Melissa." Or "Hey Melissa, it's the other one".

Anyways, Melissa, her husband Mark and my Godson Gabe came over a few weeks ago. It was GREAT seeing them, and hanging out the whole day. Gabe has gotten so big now and is the spitting image of Mark, but with facial expressions and nuances of Melissa. The perfect combo. :)


The kids played in the playroom, and then we all ventured outside so the kids could ride in the jeep and ride bikes. It was a bit chilly so we had to bundle Kiya up. Here are a few pictures from their visit.

Caiden and Gabriel in the jeep
Cade and Gabe in the jeep. Gabe loved it!!
Taking a quick H20 break after some bike riding
Kiya all bundled up :)

0 comments: