Sunday, March 30, 2008

Caiden's Magical Sky

Have you seen the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium? Well, Caiden and I have. Tons! In fact, the first night that we rented it we watched it TWICE!!! That's right. Once before he went to bed, and then once when we woke up. We both looked at each other, ran in the playroom, grabbed blankets and cuddled in for the movie.

I absolutely love that movie! One of Caiden's favorite parts is when the doctor turns the lights off in the hospital room and it is filled with those glow in the dark stars. It looks so magical and pretty.

Well, for Caiden's birthday Heather got him some glow in the dark stars. Caiden and I hung them up, and had a great time doing so, but for some reason I can't seem to capture it on film. I tried taking pictures and I tried a video, but all you see is black. :(

Anyway, they are really cool, and Caiden and I had fun hanging them up. They are the perfect accessory to his bedroom mural. Thank you Heather :)

Click below for my attempt at a video taping them:

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

How fun is that. Caiden has his own night sky right in his own room. I laughed really hard when on the video you turned out the lights and it was dark. I suppose that they shine when you're really there. I used to have a book about constellations that glowed in the dark. It was a kid book and you would read the page and then turn out the lights to see the page glow. It was great!

Pam said...

We'll have to see them next time we are out. They look like they'll look really neat hanging from the ceiling like that.

Mel said...

The only problem with them is that the sticky stuff they gave us to adhere them to the ceiling wears off quickly. They don't give you a lot so they are falling down.

Now we are learning about falling stars :p

Wendy said...

that is great. i got some glow in the dark stars a couple years ago and put them up in my room. i liked it a lot.

HeatherW said...

I freakin love glow in the dark stars!! In fact your post has inspired me to locate some of my own (just not the hanging kind).

My favorite part of the video is when you said, "oh. ok."...I love it!! Hehehehe.