Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday and Welcome Baby Dean Jacob!!

This morning at approximately 3:30 am in the morning, Baby Dean Jacob Hester made his appearance into this world, and I became and aunt again!!! Dean weighed in at 7lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long! He is of course both adorable and quite perfect, but of course I'm biased as he is my new nephew.

Dean Jacob :) How cute

Pam was quite the trooper as she had a 20 hour labor or so, but it was all worth it as Dean is healthy, happy and more importantly HERE!!!!

The proud new daddy and mama with baby Dean

Mama, baby and daddy are doing great, but are quite tired. From my understanding, it was quite the adventurous labor with Dean not quite sure he wanted to make an appearance, and needed a bit of coaxing to come out of his warm, cozy environment into the world of sights, sounds and smells. :) Do you blame him though? He just wasn't ready to share his Mama quite yet...of course now he has a doting father who is as happy as can be.

I was thankful that I was able to stop by on my lunch to visit and give the new family some flowers, a balloon and some gifts just for Dean. Lance and Susan were already there when I arrived and Sue arrived shortly thereafter with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Some of Pam and Jake's friends came to the rescue bringing some much needed Starbucks coffee (what a treat!!)
Proud Daddy Jake with a much needed cup of Starbucks Coffee
Friends Lisa and Alan to the rescue :)
The flowers and balloons I brought
Beautiful bouquet from Sue and Jim

Of course Dean is as precious as can be and quite tuckered out as he was sleeping peacefully the whole time I was there. He has a full head of dark hair and his daddy's lips.

Me and my new nephew Dean (yeah, he's a keeper) :)
Concerned Mama Pam
Proud new grandma Sue with Dean
Pam, her son Dean and Grammie Sue

Congratulations Pam, Jake and big brother Alex!! We are so happy that everyone is happy and healthy. :)

5 comments:

Hart's Haven said...

He is incredible, definately worth the wait.
Pam and Jake are also doing fantastic he is one lucky little boy.

HeatherW said...

Awwwww so cute. Congrats to Pam!!

I like to bring candy for people that have just had babies...treats for the middle of the night when they get hungry!!

Pam said...

I'm going to have to get all these pictures from you. Good job getting them posted! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! 20 hours??? WOW! Pam sure is a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Oh. btw...Dean is very cute. lol!!!