Tuesday, May 27, 2008

P90X and Yoga

I have started this new exercise program called P90x. It is a 12 week muscle confusion program and it is KICKING MY BUTT!!! It incorporates weight lifting, yoga, kick boxing, cardo and the like to get you in beach body shape in 12 weeks. I guess that is the best way to describe it.

Here Caiden and I are starting the Yoga tape.

What I can tell you is that my muscles are confused. They are in shock and they are crying out "Crazy Girl what ARE you doing to me?" The very next day after the first DVD I thought "Not bad...I could handle this, however Day 2 I was SO SORE!!!

Besides the fact that my toe still hurts and I am completely out of alignment, I am TRYING to stay with the program, and have done so thus far. Normally, I very much like the host. He is funny, entertaining, inspirational, good looking, and definitely fit! However, when it comes to the plyometrics dvd...ugh...I just don't know. How do I describe what Plyometrics is? The Plyometrics DVD is an evil plot by the P90x people to destroy me. It makes me hate the main host while simultaneously zapping whatever semblance of self esteem that I once had. It is hard core and the ONLY dvd that I quit with 19 minutes left. I felt like absolutely crap about quitting as I am not a quitter, but I was DONE!!! All of the other dvds I have been able to finish. You get one day off (or you can stretch - my day off is Monday), but other than that you are working out for a minimum of 1 hour a day; many 1.5 hours. Plyometrics is tomorrow, so I am assuming Wednesday will become synonymous with dread. If I can finish, JUST finish the Plyometrics dvd tomorrow, I will feel like I have accomplished something.

Dave and I are doing this program (along with people at the FD - Dave is in a weight loss competition with one of the guy's there and his whole crew does the workout). Since one of our DVDs was not working, I had to double up on the workout and do 1.5 hours of yoga AND Legs, Back and something called the AB Ripper X all in one day. That was a bit tough, and yea...I was pretty much hating life.
Caiden and I stretching out before we got into the hard core yoga moves

Caiden was such a trooper. He even did about 20 minutes of yoga with me. Despite what you believe, yoga is not always very comfortable or pain free (as you can see by the expression on Caiden's face). Finally, Caiden looked at Dave and asked permission to be excused. I felt so bad, like he was being forced to do this. Even HE felt the pressure (by the host, not by me) to continue. I swear this guy jumps out of the screen and pushes you to finish.

Caiden's not so fun yoga face

Josh also decided to join in on the action, so I think that Dave and Josh have a side bet going on about weight loss too. Here Josh is relaxing before we get down to work and work out. What better way to relax than play with a baby? Kiya loves to give smiles and is especially good at it. :)

Look at the big smiles :)

Anyway, as you can clearly see I desperately need to work out, but at least here the proof that I AM making the effort. I didn't even post the more intensive Yoga pics. Frankly some of the poses are not exactly flattering and are even slightly suggestive. :P Hopefully, in 12 weeks, you will be seeing a thinner, toner, and more fit Melissa. And if not, let's just pretend this little blog entry NEVER happened :P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plyometrics tonight WOOHOO!!! I am ready to SUFFER.

You are doing fantastic - stay motivated and we are gonna be in phenominal shape soon!

Mel said...

See Josh, was commenting so hard?

Hart's Haven said...

That looks like fun and even Caiden is getting into it!
Keep up the good work, you look great!

Pam said...

Good luck with that. I'm already impressed!

Anonymous said...

This just sold me on P90X. I have seen the infomercials but was skeptical. So going to do it now. What a great way to work out the frustrations from a hard day at work.

Good luck! Not that you need it. I'm sure you finished the plyometrics last night.

Btw…you look really good. You just had a baby silly. :P

Wendy said...

That is so cute that Caiden was doing the workout with you. Good luck with that. I think that you already look great.