Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I Know Martha Stewart, But I'm No Martha Stewart


Well, not really. I mean, honestly I don't KNOW Martha Stewart, but I know the next best thing...Heather Wilson!!! Heather is actually BETTER than Martha Stewart. She is funny, quirky, a good hostess and baker and doesn't have a prison record - all qualifications that I look for in a friend. :p

How did this post come about? Why the blogging about Heather? Besides the fact that she would say she's "cool" and deserves a blog posting? Well, it is teacher's appreciation week, and I am trying to do something creative for Caiden's teacher. So, instead of thinking "What would Martha Stewart do?" I think to myself "What would Heather Wilson do" - and Heather would make cupcakes...so off to the store we went.

Caiden wanted sprinkles and stuff, so I had to comply of course. We picked a rainbow sprinkle cake, so the kids would like it when they bite into it. You know, it being colorful and all. Anyway, we ended up making Ice Cream Cupcakes. There is actually no ice cream in the cupcakes, but they are made to look like ice cream...duh.


Caiden pouring the water into the cupcake mix
Such a good helper, putting out the paper cupcake holders
Ice cream cupcakes baking in the oven...this is when they were still straight

Well, I have learned a few things. I may know my version of Martha Stewart (Heather), but I am NO Martha Stewart. My ice cream cupcakes came out all crooked, and transporting them is going to be a pain in the butt. My only blessing is that they are for teacher's appreciation week at Caiden's school. What are they going to say? Go home and try again...they don't know me yet. They can't say that...I'm no Stepford wife...I mean, Heather Wilson. :P


drum roll please...

Heather's cupcakes would have been perfect! I think I will hire her next time I am tempted to be creative. :P

5 comments:

HeatherW said...

Lets address things in order:

1. I am cool
2. I do deserve a blog posting
3.Cupcakes are ALWAYS the answering for any celebration...wise choice
4.Rainbow Chip (different than rainbow sprinkles) has been my favorite cake since I was a kid...I always got it on my b-day
5. I think ice cream cupcakes are super cute
6. I AM JEALOUS of your Kitchen-Aid...I will have one soon
7.Cute as a button helper
8. I recommend cooking the the other way next time, fill the cones with batter...right side up. You will get a perfect shape
9. I am not a Stepford Wife...I don't clean and I am never perfectly prestable, baking is my only strength

and finally

10. Your cupcakes are perfect!!!!!

Mel said...

LOL! I LOVE your priorities. Yes, I have a kitchen aid...I bought it when I was in grad school as I could justify it to myself when I was living with my roomates since we always baked. No it is not pink...you will have a pink one.

I will try cooking the other way next time and in answer to #9 you may not clean, but your desk is very clean, you are extremely organized, you are always perfectly presentable and baking is not your only strength...what about product advertisement. MUST I break out the cookie, diet dr. pepper pictures?

Hart's Haven said...

I think they came out wonderful!!!!
Good job the teacher will love them!

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmmmm.....I can see it now

Little Bobby: "Mrs. Teacher I thought we where not allowed to eat crooked cupcakes?"

Teacher: "Oh my! I didn't even notice! Can I have it? I will throw it in the trash right away!"

P.S. Seriously...they came out awesome. I would eat one and I don't even eat sweets. :P

Wendy said...

That is very nice. I wish I got cupcakes for teacher appreciation week.