Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kiya Can Crawl!?


I couldn't believe it myself. I mean, I have noticed her scooting herself around, but I didn't quite believe it. I mean, this is a bit early, don't you think? I know that girls tend to progress faster than boys, but I just thought that applied to language. Maybe this is developmentally normal, I don't know.

My little monkey is just NOT satisfied to be left where we put her. No siree, she wants to move where her little heart and pudgy little legs will take her. Of course she cannot go very far, but she is working on it. Her childcare provider said that she crawled 4-5 scoots today (I was at work and didn't get to see it) :( **Sigh...double sigh** I'm still in awe that she can hold her head up high. She still has a tendency to do the bobble head thing, but she is pretty strong. Caiden HATED tummy time with a passion. Kiya can't get enough of it! Now I see why.

Who knows if this was a fluke or not. Time will tell. I will try and catch her scooting her way on video next time. I am impressed, but not ready to child proof the house quite yet. She still has a ways to go. :)

4 comments:

HeatherW said...

Go Kiya...soon she will be leaving everyone in the dust! She is a superstar and it must be because she and I are good friend!!

P.S.
I am first...I win!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Heather you kill me.

That is amazing she can crawl already. Let me guess...she takes after her mommy? I bet you couldn't sit still as a kid either. :P

Hart's Haven said...

She is a fighter. She definately won't be left behind much longer. An older sibling is quite an incentive to get going soon.

Wendy said...

You have got your hands full there Melissa. Next time I see her she may be crawling circles around me. How fun.