Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Love Lost

My daughter is 4 months old and already she has to experience a love lost. Ok, so I may be exaggerating somewhat, but my mom (aka GIGI) got Kiya this incredibly soft and very cute sage dog.

Kiya loves and hugs her sage doggie

Look how happy she is

Kiya LOVES it. Here she is shortly before the "accident". I turned away for just a minute to get something (I was holding Kiya), and before I knew it when I turned around there was STUFFING EVERYWHERE!!! Now I KNOW that it was Hunter...only Hunter loves to rip the stuffing out of unsuspecting toys, but what is more impressive was the stealth and speed with which he has come to de-stuff the toys. Had it not happened "on my watch" I would not have believed it to be true.

I am heartbroken. Only moments before had I snapped these cute shots of Kiya, and now the doggie is no more. I can't even stuff the stuffing back in, wash it and sew it (if I knew how to sew). The thought did cross my mind. No, Hunter is a thorough dog, and has completely mutilated this once precious toy. sigh...

He normally leaves the kid's things alone, but there was something special about this toy, and Hunter felt it must be destroyed. :( I hope I can find a new one. Sadness...

4 comments:

HeatherW said...

Aww that Hunter is a sneaky little fellow. Maybe Kiya needs a new pink doggie to replace it!! :)

Hart's Haven said...

BAD DOG!!!!! We'll definately see that Kiya gets a new stuffed animal.

Pam said...

Ha! That is a bad dog stealing toys from helpless babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Do you think he didn't like having a 3rd dog in the house? lol!!!

Poor Kiya :( She is so darn cute in these pics.