Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kiya's 1st Haircut...sort of

When I thought about getting Kiya's first haircut (yes she is almost 2 years old and I am JUST now discussing a FIRST haircut), I picture a Norman Rockwell-eqse moment with Kiya in the chair, smiling as little pieces of hair fall gently to the ground, while I stand around the proud mama that I am taking pictures. Very serene, gentle music playing in the background.

More or less this is how the big event unraveled with Caiden, so I naively assumed that it would be the same with Kiya. Although truth be told my children have VERY different personalities. I should have known that the above mentioned dream was not in the cards as it pertains to this particular experience. This was a spur of the moment haircut, and it was also close to the end of the day (my first mistake). I DID come prepared with snacks and a drink for her, however when she had her fill she began flinging them around (laughing) and they spilled on the floor. I quickly picked them up and threw them in the trash....ohhhhh that is where it all went wrong.

Kiya was apparently SOO attached to her cheese its that she had a meltdown which she never quite recovered from. Of course it was just at that time that Kiya's name was called. Sigh. I did my best to try and make her smile, but there was nothing (short of the cheese its that were now in the trash) that was going to bring her back. We tried a variety of tactics including her sitting on my lap, and me getting my hair cut so she can see it was fine. We even gave her a lollipop (which she has never had before). When I finally put her down on the ground, she just put her hands over her eyes, bent over and then just cried. It was so sad, however quite funny at the same time. FINALLY I was able to calm her down long enough for them to trim her bangs, but they look awful. I could have done that :(

This was Kiya AFTER we calmed her down. She was very squirmy though so they had to cut fast
Trying to distract her with a lollipop
Her final cut...just the bangs...they are SOOO straight across :(

Since I was trying to calm down Kiya with my bum back, Caiden played photographer so I could have SOME pictures of Kiya getting a haircut. Caiden did a great job...I mean, he DID get Kiya in the picture. :p Oh well, better luck next time maybe.




2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, Caiden takes great pictures! I'm not looking forward to those things happening with Dean. ha, ha.

HeatherW said...

Great work Caiden!!

Kiya is CUTE AS A BUG but that is an interesting cut. :)